Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Don't Judge a Roommate by Their Facebook

1. Breaking mirrors is not fun, especially when it keeps cutting you.
2. Don't set yourself up for failure.
3. Keep an open mind, especially about roommates.

So, hi!

For you readers who haven't taken the wonderful adventure of reading about us writers, I'm a new freshman! YAY! I moved into my dorm yesterday at 8am, and seriously love it.

Now, moving into a dorm- for those of you haven't done it- can be super scary. I've alwasy been an only child and often have had a TON of space to myself (I had my whole basement the last three years); so moving into a small room that I have to share with a complete stranger scared me.

I found out who my roommate was in July, and, as everyone does, I totally creeped on her facebook. Instantly I judged her based solely on what her profile picture looked like. In my mind, I had already figured we wouldn't get along. So, yesterday morning as I was moving in- even though I was extremely excited- I was super scared that I wouldn't get along with my roommate.

Now, I know that even if we don't become the best of friends, I need to keep an open mind about at least living with her and definitely give her the chance the she deserves; which also happens to be the same chance she is giving me. Fair enough, right?

But, there is good news: WE ACTUALLY GET ALONG! :) crazy, right?

Don't judge a book by its cover!

-Katie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment