Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happiness lays somewhere in the future..

TODAY IS THURSDAY!
Do you know what that means? It means its KATIE DAY!

Today, I was honestly not sure where to start. I have been super stressed out the past week and have been having some major mood fluctuations. When Nicole reminded me to blog today, I honestly had no idea what I was going to talk about. Normally, we, here at DR718, talk about lessons and whatnot; but I didn't think I really had a lesson to share with you today.

The other day, I was reading my wonderful RA's blog, and she mentioned something about a 'First line generator,' and that thought fluttered into my crazy brain about ten minutes ago. So here I am, with a first line of "Happiness lays somewhere in the future.." I don't think that I will write a story with that to push me in, but  I do find it rather ironic that those specific words would appear.

A member of my high school class died of a brain aneurysm last fall, and I have been thinking about her a lot lately. Her motto was 'never give up'; and therefore that somewhat became our class motto.

Never give up.

Its somewhat powerful isn't it? You hear it all the time; but when you really think about it, it is quite the challenge. Never give up. This past week, this advice/motto has been a strong driver in keeping me doing what I want to do in life.

So today, I pass it on to you.
Never give up. 

xx Katie.

2 comments: