Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little Things

1. Writer's block is never fun.
2. Notecards are truly amazing.
3. Harmonizing to "Tonight Tonight" can sound pretty cool.
4. The little things are such a blessing.

Today, I woke up and climbed out of my bed. The first thing I thought was, "Today is going to be a struggle." Now, typically I am a morning person, but today just I wasn't. I couldn't think in my writing class nor could I clear my mind enough to meditate in my Buddhism class. This morning was simply a ride on the 'struggle bus'.

Then afternoon came, which was better. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and put some favorite music on. I got most of my homework finished and I got my head wrapped around a few projects. I went to Spanish tutoring (line of the night: If you eat bacon before you swim, you'll die.) and finally bought some milk. I got a letter from a friend who I see every day, but it still made me smile. I ate dinner with a few friends and ended up laughing most of the time. Then, I ended my night sitting on my floor, back to back with a close friend, talking and attempting to do homework.

Every thing listed made me a bit happier. And everything on it was a little thing, seemingly not too exciting. But everything did make me feel better. Finishing over-due assignments, getting a letter from a person I just saw, talking with someone. I am finding that its the little things that make life...

Well...life.

Peace!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment