Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Boy, Do I Need Sleep

1. Don't run out of milk. It sucks.
2. Seeing your breath outside in September is never fun.
3. Getting a new book to read after weeks of not reading a book for personal enjoyment is awesome.
4. Get some sleep. Realize that you will see your friends nearly every day and there will be plenty of time to talk to them.

It has been an off day. A really off day. I have spilt on myself numerous times, confused my mom while on the phone, and been so tired and loopy someone told me I reminded them of someone who is drunk.

It has been quite the off day.

But it has all been good. I am now moving into the stage of "This ain't camp; this is college". For the past few weeks, college has felt like summer camp. It has felt like I have a very limited amount of time to get to know everyone and to become friends, only to say goodbye in a few days. But now, after about two week, it is beginning to feel like home and less like camp.

Which also led me to another revelation: I need sleep. Yep, I sure do. I hate having an off day and the only way to repair that is through getting more sleep. I am not blaming anyone but myself for my situation. I was the one who decided to stay up way past the time I should have been in bed and talked for 6 hours with a friend. Somehow, I thought I only have a few days to know them before we say goodbye.

When I was younger, friends never lasted too long. In elementary years, friends were often easy to come by. Middle school, you switch 'groups' so much you always have a new batch of friends. In high school, especially around junior and senior year, everyone knows the end is coming. So, friends never lasted long.

But here, it is different. Not only do I live with them, I learn with them, eat with them. We are family. After we graduate here, the friendship doesn't just end; it continues well into our lives. I am so flippin' happy because of this fact. Finally having the stability of friends is quite comforting.

So since I will be stuck with these people for 6+ years, I might as well get some sleep. There are many more nights, meals, and classes to talk to them and to get to know them.

We have all the time in the world.

Peace!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment