Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Perfect Medicine

1. Some people have classes on Saturdays.
2. A cappella groups rock!
3. Naps are fantastic, glorious, and wonderful.
4. Spending a night with friends is the perfect medicine.

Yesterday, I had a ton of doubts. They seemed to consume my mind and I couldn't get away from them. Most of them were random and didn't make much sense, but there were still a few that really got to me, like am I in the right place, do I make a difference, and do I truly have a friends?

Well, after being yelled at for being too loud, hitting people with a pillow, eating two bags of popcorn, watching Rent, spending the night with a few friends, and getting up way to early and talking seems to be the perfect medicine for such doubts.

In the past, I haven't had such good luck with making friends. I never could seem to keep a friend for too long and I never could get too close to someone without them backing away a bit. But, it doesn't seem to be happening. Again, college isn't the perfect cure for anything; it is still life and pain still happens. I think what happened was a rare stroke of luck...or just the way it was always supposed to be.

Either way, I discovered everyone craves attention, touch, and acceptance. They are human qualities that every single human contains. We all need it and want it.

I guess it is just can we notice that want and need in others? Because once we do, everything seems to be just a bit better.

Peace!

-Nicole

1 comment:

  1. I love who you are my baby! So so proud. I raised a thoughtful self aware young woman with a heart of gold.

    ReplyDelete