Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Change

1. Being sick sucks.
2. Home is the best place to be sick.
3. Personality tests are interesting.
4. Change is interesting to watch.

Sorry for taking so long to post. It was family weekend the past few days and then I became very sick. I ended up going home last night because I didn't even want to think about trying to get out of my loft bed if I needed something. Plus my bed at home is very comfortable.

Last night, when I got home, I couldn't help but think, "This is weird." I have become very accustomed to living at school that going home was very odd. My room is stripped bare of most of its personality because all of it is in my dorm. I had a bag of my clothes and my computer with me. It was like staying in a guest bedroom at a distant family member's house. But it is still my room. Everything in my room has a memory or a reason behind it. My books and dolls are still on the shelf. It is my room, but not really my room.

College is a weird period in anyone's life. I have heard many people talk about how college life has made them feel they don't have a true home. But now I understand. I still have a home, but my life is here at college. It's just a new way of thinking about things; it's not bad, just... different. It's change.

When I got back to school at about five today, Megan gave me a personality quiz to take. 300 questions. After a half hour of answering all those questions, my results came. To my surprise, I came up as an extrovert. When I was younger, I was the polar opposite. I was the quite girl who sat in on my mom's conversations at church. I rarely made my voice heard and rarely was I the center of attention. But now, that's different. I know I have changed, but for something outside myself and my mom to tell me that, it's weird.

I feel like my transition to college and to my extrovert self was like watching a movie of sorts. I am still slightly confused on how I got here, but I'm enjoying it. It's just weird to watch myself change; even weirder to have it happen. Change is quite the adventure.

Peace!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment